Friday, July 25, 2014

Nest Of The Bulbul









                        A pair of bulbuls decided to build a nest in one of my ferns. My plants were actually rather small and were placed at a quiet place along the common corridor.When I first noticed something in my fern, I thought someone was using my potted plant as a rubbish bin. There were bits and pieces of cloth plus dried leaves. Luckily, I did not destroy it. The next day, I was amazed to see a nest taking shape. After that I was rewarded each day to find a new wonder taking place each day. First, the mother laid an egg. The next day, there were two and then there were three.About 9 days later, the first egg hatched. I was throughly thrilled. The other two hatchlings followed. Then someting dreadful happened. The day after the last hatching appeared, I saw that there were only 2 hatchlings left. Sad to say, only one was left the following day. It seems only the fittest would survive, so it's anyone's guess as to what happened to the other 2 hatchlings. The remaining hatchling grew very fast and was hopping around in 4-5days. After that it disappeared so  most probably, it flew away.

No comments: